Sunday, March 1, 2009

March 2009

Well, it is month 2 and here I am! I am excited to keep track of the kids this way.

Dallin- He is enjoying his tetherball court, playing for hours at a time, even in the cold. It is out front, so any of the neighbors can come join him. I even play with him a couple of times. He can beat me if I play "medium". He has his phonograms memorized so well it is amazing. I am trying to encourage him to play with his brother and sister more. He is getting a little more sarcastic, which we are trying to keep from turning into rude!

Emily- She is working hard on the potty training. My focus has been to not make a big deal about accidents, but really praise when she stays dry. She has stayed dry twice through the night. I was told by 2 of the moms in preschool that she really listens well and understands concepts better than the other kids. I was relieved to hear this. She loves to make up her own songs and plays with her princesses well by herself. We went to see Beauty and the Beast last night and she loved it. A funny comment by her is when she saw a bald guy in front of us, she said, "I can see his brain head." It made me laugh. She is very observant and catches little details of things. She is great with Bryce and loves to help him get in trouble. She also loves helping when I watch other babies. She is a lot of fun, but is a fighter. She says "No" a lot and throws fits. We are working on it. I am working on my patience with it.

Bryce- This month has been HUGE with his talking. I knew it would come. He copies any word we say. He says More Please and Milk Please on his own. He saw a picture of a little girl and said, "Alice." He tries to sing his ABC's and catches many of the letters. We are now trying to teach him to recognize them. He loves Eye of the Tiger and today did part of the rhythm perfect on the drums!! He wanted to listen to it over and over in the car. He climbs out of the crib and the pack and play, but is happy and gets out of his room to play. He plays in the toy room more by himself or with other kids. He loves to pull chairs all over the house. He is fighting nap time more, but I am not giving up!! He says Dallin, Emily and Bryce. He answers questions that start with "Who wants this or Who loves that" by saying, "Me." He is very ticklish, more so than the other kids. He has always loved music and tried to sing when he couldn't talk. He knows many animal sounds now. He loves to do puzzles.

No comments:

Post a Comment